Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Reach homes with a smile

Well, am still in surgical ward. 3 more weeks of posting + review week = EOS 4. I haven't studied much tho. I felt much satisfied with what i have done for my patient. Mr. T has been bedridden for a month and yet to move any of his upper and lower limbs. On the first day in surgical, me and calvin did bed bath for him. Honestly, we're quite rough though. Maybe that's what happens when we're in uniform. We just wanna see him get up and walk. it's pointless to see him bedridden for long. won't do any good to him too. we always ask him to move his limbs even he complained of pain and his uncomfortable facial grimaces. Not that i don't care about his pain, but i care more about his mobility. After days of so called "rehab", finally he is able to go toilet for bath. seriously, i feel great and glad that he finally took the steps to move out oh his "rehab" boundaries. He also was on ryle's tube for a month, and i encouraged him to have it orally. Yes! He did it. And today I get him to eat bread and milk. At first, staff nurse hesitated, but i insisted that he can eat soft food. Yes! he did it again! I have been seeing improvement in him day by day. Only hope can bring joy into our lives. happy is temporarily but joy is forever. that's was the day. Then, i reached my temporary home with a smile and joy of satisfaction.


I left my hp at home and look into my phone. 2 missed calls and 1 message received. All of it from dad. I guess he has something urgent. it was. "Grand uncle passed away this morning". I quickly called back. dad seems relieved. We were worried before. Cos we just met him during chinese new year and we're planning to visit him again. But it's too late. He was in pain and weak. He went into coma this morning before he left peacefully into the arms of the Lord. We ministered to him in malacca during cny and assured him about his salvation. My feelings are numb but i know he is safe now. Aunt Magdalene told dad that he smiled and held her hand before he left. they also prayed with him the sinner's prayer before he breathe the last breath. He reached his eternal home with a smile and assurance of salvation.


Father in Heaven, thank you for grace and mercies you pour out unto us who are once sinners. every sin that i made, i confess and repent. help me to learn more about you and help me to be teachable. Let your light resemblance onto me. recognise me as your child, Lord. remember me, Lord. teach me to do only Your will, Father. In Jesus name, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment